Graduate Research Analyst
(PBSA Real Estates Market)
Our market research team is looking to recruit a research/data analyst to focus on UK PBSA real estates market. The research team is involved in all stages of the student accommodation residential development process, from the identification and acquisition of land to the ultimate operation of the finished building. Developments range from large-scale residential schemes to smaller refurbishment projects. The Graduate Research Analyst needs to optimise the use of various data sources to refine and visualise data for a wide variety of internal and external investors, allowing better-informed decision making. The role will comprise of writing valuation reports and preparing development appraisal for investors.
The ideal candidate will be Master’s degree educated, ideally in real estates analysis, or a property related discipline, with proven experience in analysing UK PBSA (Purpose Built Student Accommodation) Real Estate markets preferred. The successful candidate needs to show his/her strong interest in real estate with outstanding desk-based research skill and can use Microsoft packages proficiently, especially excel. The role has excellent prospects for expansion with professional training and the associated career development opportunities provided.
*Please note: This role meets the current UK Tier 2 work visa requirements. It might be eligible for sponsorship through Tier 2.
As a Graduate Research Analyst, you will:
Carrying out specific market research of potential projects and cities with reporting and advising on the outcome provided; Presenting acquisition, refurbishment and re-development opportunities to the team;
Analysing the accuracy of predicted cost using benchmarking techniques;
Carrying out appraisal, reporting and advising on the outcome, calculating operation cost, net income, ROI, IRR, etc. base on project information and market analysis;
Carrying out reports, including investor progress report, property valuation and PBSA market in various cities;
Visiting the site and carrying out the site survey and/or building survey; reporting and advising on the outcome;
Monitoring and analysing specified commercial and residential real estate market conditions, using the area’s internal and external real estate, financial and economic data, as well as research;
Contributing to the development of forward-looking and proprietary perspectives on an assigned property’s anticipated performance;
Building and maintaining working relationships to acquire market insights from internal and external sources, such as lenders, appraisers, brokers and research professionals;
Developing detailed financial models (in Excel) and scenario analysis;
Updating cashflow models of existing investments;
Carrying out risk assessments taking into account all relevant factors;
Any other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
The following Skills and Experience will be required:
1. A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Real Estate, Data Analysis, Market Research, economics and related majors preferred;
2. Strong interest in Real Estate and Investment industry;
3. Working experience in real estate research and data analysis preferred;
4. Fluent English communication skill is required, other non-English languages in speaking and writing skills will be a bonus;
5. Strong quantitative analytical skill with advanced Excel skill required;
6. Excellent presentation and communication skills required;
7. Good data manipulation and visualisation techniques required;
8. Showing innovative approaches and a keen eye for detail;
9. Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential;
10. Self-motivated and have the ability to work to independently and to own initiative;
11. Be able to work well in a team and thrive in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your latest English CV, cover letter (in word/pdf) and BRP/Passport photo to email@example.com following email title format of “Name + Major + University + GRA”.
Applications Review (May-June) - Telephone Interviews (June-August) - Assessment Centre (August-September)