Construction Project Manager
A professional and detailed individual is needed for our construction project team. We would like to speak with candidates who are passionate about project management, enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent construction knowledge. Related working experience is required.
As a Graduate Project Manager at EREC, you will have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting projects across various sectors. These include student accommodations and commercial projects. The PM is a key interface among the client, design team, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will assist other members of the PM team to drive projects forward and ensure that our company will achieve the built assets which business function requires. This involves working at all stages of the project from initial concept right through to construction and operation of the building. You will need to ensure actions are carried out by the appropriate parties at the right times to ensure deadlines are met and that value is added to the projects.
*Please note: This role meets the current UK Tier 2 work visa requirements. It might be eligible for sponsorship through Tier 2.
As a Graduate Construction Project Manager, you will:
1. Carrying out an appraisal, reporting and advising on the outcome, calculating operation cost, net income, return of investment (ROI) etc. base on project information and market analysis;
2. Advising on the selection and application of particular processes, including liaison with specialists and consultants to develop project specific design and construction solutions;
3. Reporting on the impact of different design solutions and construction processes on cost and programme;
4. Monitoring, analysing, reporting and advising at a senior level on project cash-flow and profitability for internal use;
5. Carrying out risk assessments taking into account all relevant factors. Understand the application of the various methods and techniques used to measure risk;
6. Regular liaising and coordinating with all relevant parties, especially the project team;
7. Contract management, including providing evidence of reasoned advice, prepare and present reports on the selection of the appropriate form of contract and warranties for the chosen procurement route.;
8. Procurement and tendering, including implementation of the procurement routes selected for the projects and to carrying out tendering and negotiation processes relevant to them;
9. Planning key tasks and managing programme (Gantt Chart/Critical Path calculation etc.) ;
10. Regularly reporting on progress and cost to clients and team members;
11. Regularly organising site visits and meetings for stakeholders;
12. Choosing appropriate insurance services and contractors for the projects and company;
13. Any other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
The following Skills and Experience will be required:
1. Bachelor’s degree (2:1 equivalent or above ) in Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is required; A Master’s degree with Merit in the mentioned major preferred;
2. Fluent English communication skill is required, other non-English languages speaking and writing skills will be a bonus;
3. A fast learner with good decision-making and problem-solving skills required;
4. Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives;
5. Strive to achieve deadlines set by clients and managers;
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with good time management skill.
Location: Coventry with travelling involved.
How to apply:
Please send your latest English CV, cover letter (in word/pdf) and BRP/Passport photo to following email title format of “Name + Major + University + CPM”.
Applications Review (May-June) - Telephone Interviews (June-August) - Assessment Centre (August-September)