Graduate Property Manager
A Graduate Property Project Manager is needed for managing our student accommodation brand UNINN in various cities. Related working experience in project management and customer service is preferred ideally over one year. Experience of living in the target cities will be a bonus. Also, good interpersonal and proven supervisory skills are essential, as are, diplomacy, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining an objective, supportive and professional approach. The successful candidate will have supervisory experience in a busy customer focused environment where they will have dealt with a variety of people and situations and exercised good judgment when solving problems and decision making. Some flexibility regarding work patterns will be necessary with a requirement to work some weekends throughout the year but particularly in Summer and Autumn. Professional training will be provided.
*Please note: This role meets the current UK Tier 2 work visa requirements. It might be eligible for sponsorship through Tier 2.
As a Graduate Property Project Manager, you will:
1. Managing project proposals, timelines, budgets and quality to ensure high customer satisfaction；
2. Liaising daily with students, letting agencies and contractors, including dealing with questions, complaints and updates；
3. Monitoring and managing contractors end-to-end with the regular report of their status;
4. Collecting and managing of the relevant property data, producing project reports to reflect status, risk and issues;
5. Managing occupancy rate, operating cost, invoices for the relevant properties, and producing tenancy extensions;
6. Organising property viewings, arranging inventory check-in and -out reports;
7. Organising quotes for repair/maintenance and overseeing works;
8. Planning and organising events within the properties, keeping the related record by taking photos, shooting videos and writing-related reports;
9. Assisting in the operating tenant chat group and property official social media accounts with a regular basis;
10. Working closely with other departments in the Head Office;
11. Any other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
The following Skills and Experience will be required:
1. An undergraduate degree or above in UK (2:1 or above) obtained, major in project management or other related area preferred;
2. Over one-year working experience in project management and customer service preferred;
3. Strong interest in student accommodation and real estates industry preferred;
4. Fluent English communication skill is required, other non-English languages speaking and writing skills will be a bonus;
5. Shows respect for people with multiple backgrounds;
6. Demonstrates a ‘can do’ approach;
7. In curious, questioning and open-minded about the way we do things, a fast learner;
8. Enjoys communicating with people;
9. Strives to deliver high standards by using the best of abilities at all times;
10. Is mindful of the impact of external spend;
11. Be able to work with multi-tasks and under tight deadlines, good time management required.
Location: Coventry and other cities
How to apply?
Please send your latest English CV, cover letter (in word/pdf) and BRP/Passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org following email title format of “Name + Major + University + PPM”.
Applications Review (May-June) - Telephone Interviews (June-August) - Assessment Centre (August-September)